A beautiful alpine valley between Kandersteg and Selden.
The Gasterntal Bus
service runs from Kandersteg railway station to Selden during summer months.
- 2009-06-04 - 15:49
- The start of the Gasterntal valley at the top of the Kander Klus waterfall:
- The Gasterntal just before Waldhus:
- Someone has been creating stone sculptures in the Kander!:
- Waterfalls simply pour out of the mountainside along the Gasterntal:
- Much of the way along the Gasterntal is easy and flat:
- You are never far from the Kander River along the Gasterntal:
- In the Gasterntal, not far from Selden:
At the beginning of July you might find Frauenschuh orchids after crossing the wide river bridge, before you get to the base of the woodland climb in the Gasterntal: